Birthday Swim 2019

It's a great treat to have my dad visiting from San Diego for the holidays, but an even greater blessing he and my husband David were willing to witness my 51st birthday swim at Alki Beach. Shannon, a sister mermaid from our nutty open water group had been knocking out an open water skin swim in sub 50-degree water every day in December, and I intended to join her on the 27th. What a gift to be surrounded by kindred spirits and the brisk, beautiful sea, family in tow!

David brought his infrared zapper and measured the water temps, reading 43.5 to 47 (deep to shallow!) so it was a proper cold water swim for sure.
Shannon, Dad, Mary Sue, me, Kate, Scott and Tricia


A leisurely brunch followed right across the street with MarySue joining us. My toes were still frozen an hour later. Grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portage to Gold Beach Community Clubhouse: A 7-mile winter swim!

A glimpse at now (and where did 2022 go)?

About Last Week in La Jolla...