Hello, Team BlueSeventy Racing 2020!



Recently the gang at BlueSeventy, maker of the best swim wetsuits and accessories around, put out a call for swimmers of all sorts to join its 2020 racing team. What I lack in speed I more than make up for in enthusiasm, joy and real effort (I also don’t suck at swimming and did well enough to scoop up age-group top-three wins in all my local USMS open water races this summer.) So I applied, and was welcomed to the elite tribe of swimmers on the BlueSeventy Racing 2020 squad.

Some of us are pool swimmers, others are open water swimmers, or triathletes. Some are young lifelong athletes, middle age mermaids (like me), Ironmen and women, across all sizes and ages and nationalities. The common thread, we are told, is we all enjoy getting out of our comfort zones and challenging ourselves.

For me, this is a privilege to represent a great brand in competition and while training. Last year, the company give our Vashon swim group an exclusive discount on gear which we definitely maximized, and I ordered the super deluxe Helix Thermal wetsuit. It’s become my go-to most of the time because it is lightweight and flexible yet really warming in very cold water, like this time of year when it’s hitting the high 40s.

As part of the team, swimmers have some custom racing gear coming our way, a few races to collectively represent and more of me sharing our incomparable Vashon swims (and international swims) with the rest of the BlueSeventy-wearing world.

All for the swim!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portage to Gold Beach Community Clubhouse: A 7-mile winter swim!

A glimpse at now (and where did 2022 go)?

About Last Week in La Jolla...